Milk Jar- Coconut Soy Wood Wick Candle in Before Sunrise 8oz
LOCATED AT FLOC BOUTIQUE: 14101 West Block Drive NW Suite 170
Sweet & Buttery!
Special wood wick trimmer: Milk Jar- Wick Trimmer | floc boutique
Milk & Honey
Ever eaten honey right off the comb? It hits different—like a sweet, sticky elixir that should probably be illegal. We took that raw decadence and cut it with fresh, creamy vanilla that goes straight from nose to sensorium. So close your eyes, inhale deeply and enjoy the buzz.
YOU‘LL LIKE IF YOU LIKE
An intoxicatingly delicious honeycomb icecream.
LIGHT - 3/5 - STRONG
MORE GOOD STUFF
- $1 from every candle sold supports the creation of inclusive and inviting spaces across Canada
- Crackling wooden wick
- Plant based coconut soy wax
- Scented with high quality, phthalate free fragrance oils
- 40-45 hour burn time with proper wick trimming
- Hand-poured in sunny Calgary
There's only one thing we love more than candles: candle safety. To minimise the risk of fire hazards when burning candles in your home, make sure you’re following these tips:
- Burn candles in a well ventilated area, away from things that can catch fire (like bedding, curtains, decorations and clothing).
- Keep burning candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Trim your wick to 2-3mm before each light. A wick trimmer works best!
- Make sure your candle is at room temperature before lighting to avoid tunnelling.
- When first burning your candle, keep it lit for at least 1 hour and allow the burn pool to reach the edge of the glass
- If your flame is ever too big, blow it out, trim it and relight for a proper flame
- Do not pour wax out, or swirl it around the edge to improve the height of your flame.
- Soot on your jar? Take a dry paper towel and wipe it off to have your candle table-ready.
- Always follow the burning instructions on the caution sticker on the bottom of your candle.
Your Feel Gooder Candle Co.
Started by one human
When Milk Jar was born in founder Holly Singer’s kitchen in November, 2016, it answered two of her desires: to bring clean-burning, beautifully smelling candles to the local market, and to be a vehicle for giving back. Years prior, while studying Kinesiology in University, Holly developed a close friendship with a boy with Cerebral Palsy and his mother. Forever struck by the resilience of people with disabilities and the barriers they face, it was Holly's goal to raise $500 in Milk Jar’s first year for programs that support learning and growth. Little did she know, Milk Jar would grow to make a far, far greater impact than she ever could have imagined.
Six years later, Milk Jar has become a household name in Calgary. Not only are we incredibly proud to model inclusive employment, we’re also known for our yearly donations to non-profits supporting initiatives toward inclusion and safe workplaces. We still make (incredibly awesome, plant-based and phthalate-free) candles, but we’ve also expanded to include reed diffusers and fragrances.
Milk Jar remains a locally manufactured staple in Canadian apothecary, with stockists across the country.